2019 has a chance


            Last blog of the year. Some will say thank God! I try and look at life as it is. Disclaimer (not my church). Many churches have decided to look clean. I guess I could say they put themselves in a terrible spot. If you go there thinking the pastor is clean, the board is clean, or, the Christian way is clean then you’re in a world of hurt. Disillusionment probably is the leading cause of losing faith. In this blog, I have tried to talk about this messy world from Gods point of view. Yet, I’m not unaware that Christians lead messy lives too.
            This has been a messy year. No matter how you fall politically, there has been unrest. Canada has been an absolute disaster. Massive debt, falling coin, and an economic shift away from resources and automobile makers. Even the space industry has been hit. We always talk about Canada being apologetic, yet this year I think we hate each other worse than ever before. Terrible leadership will do that.
            Around the world we have had less terrorism. Have we got a handle on it? That’s the worrisome part. Less means waiting. Terrorism is too stupid to quit. The free world is too spineless to kill it. More tsunamis at Christmas time. What’s up with that? Why that time of year? In a way this has not been a terrible year. I fear the economic world. It seems like were on the brink of collapse. Positive note, war seems less. Famine seems less. Terrorism seems less. It’s the “seems” that gets me.
            Sometimes I have felt my blog is a little too negative. Only reporting the failings and Gods view of it in the Bible. I don’t want to end on a sour note. 2019 could be a good year. Elections are looming in Canada. That means more political mumbo jumbo than anyone wants. I’m sick of them now little alone more. The U.S one will be in 2020, I think. Not looking forward to that either. Evil can’t sit still very long. A quiet year for evil worries me. Climate change and taxes are getting on my nerves. I’m not sure how I feel these days.
            How does God feel? I guess that’s it. I do think that God is still here. He is not dead. Yet, God seems silent too. There is more evidence of evil in the hearts of people these days. This woman first thing is such a mirage. Men are being crushed. Society seems so false, fake, and listless. I bet God is doing more than I know. I find that good things happen in the shadows and in silence. A seemingly silent God might be a good thing. He is working quietly.
            Right here and right now, 2019 is a good year. 2018 seemed like were holding our breath. It was a silent year. I’m sure when I look at the news makers this year, I was wrong. Evil won yet again. Many stars of my childhood died this year. It’s unnerving to see your childhood memories sort of die. Yet, I am positive. I know it does not seem that way. Yet, I have booked two concerts and a cruise in 2019. I believe in a future. There is another cruise cooking in 2021. I’m not giving up on life.
            We have a chance to make 2019 the best year in a while. That’s not hard because the last dozen have not been stellar. How about less tax and less climate change talk? How about less political talk too. I will never get that one. Less twitter. Less evil. Less women trying to prove their better than men roles in Hollywood. How about more good stories. We can help the planet more but not more tax. What a scam. If you have oil concerns then invent an alternative or shut up.
            This year, make a new friend. Plan a trip. I don’t care if it’s to your next town but plan a day away. Pay off a bill. It always makes people smile. Do something to help the planet besides taxing people more. Recycle better. Plant a tree. Just do something. Vote! For heavens sakes vote out these idiots and their climate change tax scheme. It’s a scam. If we really knew what they did with the money, we’d be sick. Give more money to charity. Serve somewhere just a bit. If we all did just a bit more. It couldn’t hurt. 2019, right now, has a chance.
faithcomesalive.org


Comments

Popular Posts