Wondering


I grew up from my youth believing we would evolve. Misguided? I don’t know. I believed in space travel because I witnessed a man on the moon. I believed in equality because I saw a star trek crew that had no favoritism based on color, race, or sex. I believed in the authorities because policemen were kind and protecting. I’m not so sure of the government and police these days. I am wondering a lot of things these days.
            They say things in this age of false truth and fake news I wonder about. Do we honor that? They say that this is the age of women. Its good and bad all rolled into one. Its good because women should be able to stand free. I fear it’s bad because it’s false. The movies depict women as the stronger. The smarter, and the dominant. Take away society and that becomes a bomb shell. Good luck women in that world.
            Recently a transgender (woman?) was allowed to race in a bike marathon. She or he won hands down. The third-place lady complained. The problem is that the transgender says she is a woman. The third-place lady disagreed. Women’s rights just went south when the governing body endorsed the transgender. Right or wrong in this case does not matter. What matters is women’s rights to fair competition. Boom! It’s gone in the blink of a sex change.
            I am not writing to say women are weaker. Those are arguments for the less intelligent beings. I am not writing to defend or disagree with sex types. If you believe you’re a woman, dog, horse, alien, or a-sexual, have at it. I don’t care. I am writing that our dreams have faded. Women don’t grow up now looking at other women heroes. The transgender woman has replaced that. Just ask past woman of the year Caitlan Bruce Jenner. Men grow up looking at female heroes now. The male is lost. In the thick of it we don’t pursue anything anymore. All that is left is a fractured confused society that has no borders.
            What does God have to say? I bet the politically correct are sharpening their knives for me right now. I will quote Deuteronomy 22:5 “A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.” Why in this day and age should I dare to quote this? To bash transgenders? To ridicule cross dressers? If you believe that then you misread me and God. Why does God care about gender lines? It’s about borders. God believes that defined lines helps rather than restricts. We all need to know the line or place we can’t cross. These days it’s blurred.
            When the norm becomes blurred then who is right? Who can we trust? Who am I when I can be anything? You see the difference is not the freedom to be who we are. God believes in that. The problem is in dreaming of being. Where is the end goal? Where is the path? Who leads us there? When there is no path, heroes, or end point, then all we have is the lost. I had a friend who said being gay was liberating. He is the most troubled and lost person I know. Why? Because a dress or social norm does not define your inner soul. That is what God was driving at in Deuteronomy.
            I am wondering where we have arrived at. Are people so head strong that all they see is my hatred of gay? I don’t hate anyone. Yet, we are at a point of this: if you don’t agree with me then you hate me. It’s flawed thinking yet that is who we are now. This is where we are. In the movie called the Wiz. Oz, changed the color all the time to change the flavor and mood in the city. Deep in Oz, the Wizard hid as a flawed and scared man. No color or mood could save him or his people.
            That is what God is about. He knew that we will define ourselves by clothes, careers, and even gender. He pleads us to avoid the trap. So, he says to not wear what you’re not. Don’t be what you’re not. Were not in his head space. He defines us by who he made us to be. We reject a maker. Instead we are trying to be our own potter. The problem is that we can’t control the clay. Are we troubled, lost, floating like wind and the waves? These days? Oh, yes, we are. And we wonder why. God doesn’t, he has known us for thousands of years. I’m wondering why we haven’t evolved an inch.
faithcomesalive.com


Comments

Popular Posts