Society gone sideways


I am astounded at some of the social media postings this week. The first is this marijuana thing. I am amazed at the level of ignorance. People think our fake Prime Minister is an idiot. Is he? Either way, we are letting him dictate drug laws. Is that reasonable? The police are issuing warning about responsible drug use. Is drug use ever responsible? Some posts say yes, while others say no. In my youth, we called people on drugs: on dope. Why did we say that? Where did that come from? I think that term will play itself out in the coming years.
            What is real? I get the feeling that we are selling drugs as responsible. That term has never been used that way in the past. Today, we are selling drugs by the government in that frame of mind. What concerns me is the other side. Is the warning real? I saw the words “end of prohibition.” Are we ending a ban on drugs, or are we beginning a path down the drug road? “If”, and that’s a big “if.” Are drugs responsible? Have we really got a handle on alcohol?
            They call this the culture of managing our stress. We are managing our pain. I am asking, are we trying to manage our existence. Life is hard. For many it’s far too hard. Hasn’t human life existed through the hard times? They did not really have Red Bull, drugs, or even alcohol as we do today in years gone by. I call it the age of masking pain. Making responsibility easy. Oh, they are saying it’s responsible drug use. I fear it’s holding a tiger by the tail. A tiger the government willingly let out.
            Remember, the government will be selling this stuff to raise money. They are in the business of gambling, drugs, alcohol, and other forms of helping us get along in this world. Helping us? I fear we are training kids to be dependent on government. Dependent on drugs. People say no. The other day we had a warning of 30-degree heat wave. It’s a warning. In my childhood it was normal to have 30-degree weather. We thought hardship in life through bills and weather were normal. Now, we say it’s a warning. Fear?
            What does God have to say? I will quote Franklin D. Roosevelt “all we have to fear is fear itself.” Isaiah 1:10 says “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
            There are many fear quotes in the Bible. What is important is how we adapt to fear. This generation is growing up to fear “fear.” Some lady had a sign calling Trump, Hitler. Trump is not Hitler. The Jews know Trump is not Hitler. The sign says fear the possibility. Responsible drugs say fear pain, disappointment, and anxiety. Managing depression is a big thing now. I grew up in the age of pushing through to achieve. Today we are managing.
            I certainly fear where we are going. A statement from years past says “we are one generation from extinction.” Canadians are not having babies anymore. They just aren’t. In 100 years there will be no Canada as we knew it. Don’t be silly patrick. It will just evolve. We are concentrating on managing what we love. Managing what we use. Managing our sex life. What I fear is that we are not managing Canada. We are not concerned with legacy. We want relief now. That is what is important.
            I will admit that Jesus said we should take care of our current worry’s. Never mind tomorrow. Yes, that s true. Yet, God talked so much about future repercussions of our actions. Sin always grows. It never recedes. You can’t manage distance from what is right. You can’t manage a tiger loose from its cage. The conflict of emotion on drugs and government concerns me. Worry’s me. Just letting things slide is a side affect of drugs. It just is. Yes, that worries me.
            We are not training our kids to endure. That is a big mistake. They will expect relief. They will expect help. They will expect a break. We are so concerned with masking problems. The government is so concerned with taxiing people in various ways. Both sides have forgot our responsibility to growing a nation. Maintaining a nation is a big mistake. Just existing is a big mistake. Yes, we should not worry about the future. Yet, I am positive we should be mindful of it. Drugs don’t care about that.
faithcomesalive.com


Comments

Popular Posts