I'm on Dope!!


I know I am not popular with the drug thing. Really it breaks my heart. I see it differently that others and I know that. It’s not a Christian thing to me. Well, maybe that influenced me. I don’t know. Possibly because I’m older I don’t like it. Countries around the world are falling into what I call the drug trap. We can tax it. Why give free money to bad guys. My greatest fear is that the governments are the bad guys.
Do you trust your government? Honestly, people would say no. I hear it all the time. Politicians cannot be trusted. Yet, when it comes to drugs, people trust the government? Why is that? Who gets revenue that they can spend on you for votes: the government. Who will benefit if people are stoned too much: government. Who will set taxes and laws you won’t care enough about because you have your drugs: government.
Yes, people will argue that being stoned is not like alcohol. Oh, they are right. People try and drink at night or on the weekend. Pot users do it whenever they want. Do you really think the government does not know that? In a poll, I am sure people think driving stoned is not that bad. We are going to find that one out as we legalize this stuff. Does the government care. Not as much as they care about the revenue. Should government be in business to serve you the things you need? Oh, no they should not. They are to govern our safely. They are not to sell our pleasure.
How many young people will fall by this plan to legalize pot? Some say not as many because it’s safer. We will see. I fear we will lose a ton of bright minds that will fall into the drug trap. How many inventions, medical discoveries, and sports stars will be lost to legalized pot? Oh, we don’t want to talk about that. The assumption is there will always be those kids. So, if we tilt the plate on access to drugs we won’t have a problem?
What does God have to say? 1corinthians 6:12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything.
I am older. One thing I know about people is they love to say they can control their lives. They are their own master. Yet, drugs and alcohol used poorly always tear down defenses. We are weak in our desires at the best of times. Add legal drugs and we have a problem. The big question is why? Why did the people of the past criminalize drugs? The big answer is to overlords us. It’s the bad case of father knows best. Why do we today know best? Why not the people in the past?
This will not go well. Those who seem to get by on drugs don’t care about those who fall. They just don’t. Do smokers flick their buts on the road. Oh yes, they do all the time. Do they really care? Na, some invisible person will pick up that but I guess.
It’s the government giving us what we desire that scares me. It’s the youth we will lose that scares me. I am a square. I am laughed at and not believed. I will never say in the near future I told you so. I will however be standing up on the inside for all those we lose to drugs and government. Surely, I’m on dope over this issue.
faithcomesalive.ca


Comments

Popular Posts