Girl power

          I believe that in the beginning of feminism and equal rights that those affected wanted to be considered equal. Women wanted to vote and work with respect. People of different races wanted to be treated equal on busses and in the work force. In Canada, I don’t think I have personally witnessed bigotry or racism against another. However, these days I think I have and it’s against men of all things.
            I think the thing that troubles me the most is the reversed state. I thought that gaining freedom to vote and ride a bus was the victory. I thought that being free meant that you were equal to others. These days it seems freedom means power. The gay and lesbian movement seems to want more power than rights. They press for inclusion by force over merit. The same can be said of race and sex. Hollywood has become the latest to fall.
            Sure I’m a white man so of course I feel hard done by. People can call me homophobic, racist, and any other name without rebuke. I am the dirty word in public. Shame on me for being born white. Guilty by color. The troubling part is the reversed as I mentioned before. Not only do women, race, and sexual orientation want to be heard, but they want to replace the very thing they hated: the white guy. Those groups now limit white inclusion. Make laws to restrict white access. All the while they are becoming the very thing they fought hard against.
            I’m sure that women wanted to be considered for a job by the skills they possessed rather than the bra they wear. I’m sure a gay person wanted to be included in discussions rather than the silence they receive. Do they know were quieter now around gay people because of fear, do they know? Political correctness has not curbed our feelings; it’s just silenced them. Feel free to speculate I’m silently homophobic: of course you’d think that. Did Martin Luther King desire to win a presidency based on his black skin or the measure of his heart? Did Obama?
            What does God have to say about bigotry? I read many Bible verses and they all say the same thing. If you bring in two points of view: one will dominate. Deuteronomy 7:25 says the gold of idols will ensnare you. Genesis 4 has God warning Caine that sin is crouching at his door, it desires to have you. One thing will always divide your attention. Paul pointed out that being single is best because a spouse will divide your attention. How true is that. God looks at bigotry the same way. It’s not about being dominant but rather influenced. We should never rule over others because they are different, but we should be mindful that accepting others will change us. The key is, for the better?
            I am not asking us to cleanse the nation of women, race, or sexual orientation. I care about those people and they are equal people in my eyes. I just want them to realize that equality means you don’t win. Were just plainly equal. My fear is that it’s an unrealistic venture. One must always dominate. In probably over 10,000 years of civilization we have not come very far. Wars are still fought these days. Why? One feels the need to dominate. Why must we have gay laws requiring something? There is a reason and it begins with suppressing or evoking domination.
            The reason I called this blog Girl power is because of recent events. Many movies that were made with male actors are being rebooted with women. The problem is that it need not be that way. I said that those movies are not better with women but different. Sorry women but you won’t do it better but just plainly different. Women have tried to win male golf events and failed. Is it about winning? Why after the failure did they stop trying? It’s because they didn’t win.

            I feel that Girl power is killing women. Your backs hurt more. Your tired more. Our kids are running amuck more. We needed women to keep the society upright, but your focus has turned us upside down. Yes, we need women to rise up and take control. Take back what you do best. In my opinion your best at being a mom. Your best at being pretty. Your best at controlling men. Your best at having sensible answers. I feel you’re the best when you’re not consumed at being the best. I think that goes for women, race, and sexual orientation. You’ll never win all the time but you can silently dominate. Is that what you’re for-fathers of equality wanted?

Comments

Popular Posts