Driving myself nuts

I think I’m driving myself nuts. Recently I have been reading a crazy book called Atlas shrugged by Ayn Rand. This book was written in 1957 but has a George Orwell 1984 feel to it. This is a crazy book. Further to that, we have the world we live in. There are terrorist attacks, economy woes, and terrible governments. This is Atlas shrugged in a nut shell. Plus, I was studying Leviticus in the Bible. Yes, I’m driving myself nuts.
            How is it possible that this world is being played out in the Bible or a novel? You would think that doom scenarios could be avoided. Certainly, were better than that these days. The problem is I think were worse. It’s like the writers knew what we’ve always known: people are sheep and stupid. I certainly don’t want to insult any readers. I’m not calling you personally stupid (ya right). Yet, this world is going to hell in a hand basket.
            I was wondering if the Pope visited Canada, would the people flock to see him. Would those in attendance be Catholic? I’m not but I’d take a peak. I love seeing the Queen or princes when they visit. Right now, we have a bozo as Prime Minister in Canada. Someone at work said he needs to go but he was necessary to replace the last guy. I wonder if Satan went on tour if I’d take a peak just for curious sake. My point with these ramblings is that we are weird. We will do the most stupid things just because.
            I don’t like reading about future disasters and then seeing them being played out in life. I know that was Tolstoy’s biggest hang-up in War and Peace. He saw it coming. We all know what needs to happen with terrorism but it’s not time yet. We all know what will happen when society is free to do drugs. I mean probation on alcohol foreseen drunk drivers, but here we are today: a substance mess. Regulating disaster scenarios is not a good idea. Yet, we all know the outcome like it’s a script being played out. I just think it comes back to people being stupid.
            What does God think about stupid? I am sure you have heard the term putting lipstick on a pig. It means it is what it is. A pig is a pig no matter the lipstick. The other view is that we make things to be how we want them to be regardless of what they really are. We paint God as ruthless in the Bible. Leviticus 26 does not disappoint. Yet, we call Jesus God but say he is the opposite. Jesus is just love, peace, joy, and understanding. Yet, in the Bible he is mostly not these things. He is like his Father in heaven.
            Jesus flipped tables, called his best friend Satan. He bashed leaders right in their house. Jesus withered a fig tree and told us he came to separate families. Jesus chastised his followers. He predicted doom in the future. My goodness he watched a widow give all she had but never gave her a dime. It’s not that he wouldn’t or didn’t. it’s more about being driven. He wanted to deny a woman of his healing but she convinced him otherwise. He ignored his family at times. He played with people’s heads with parables. There was nothing about Jesus that was ordinary. Jesus has certainly driven me nuts at times. My whole point is that we put lipstick on Jesus yet he does not put lipstick on us or the world we live in. It is what it is to him.
            Maybe I’m going crazy because it’s all coming together. Big brother is here and we accept it without a whimper. The current fake Prime Minister of Canada is rapidly changing parliament, rules, and laws. We are just going with the flow. The warnings are there but who cares. Terrorism is allowed to run free. Oh, sure we cry, arrest one or two, but Mosques are still being built in the so called free world. People are still dying but it sells papers and moves ratings.

            In the name of compassion and freedom we will accept bad things. We have an unlimited supply of lipstick. We must change our definitions of things like gender to give room. We must create phobias to give room. What are we really giving room to? Who cares if it’s in the name of freedom. The color of lipstick is in style. My goodness Hitler, Napoleon, and several others were admired and popular regardless of their agenda. Agendas we knew by the way. Yet, here we stand letting our own destruction love us, care for us, and protect us. I guess I am driving myself nuts.
faithcomesalive.ca

Comments

Popular Posts