Food for thought

           I bought a fit band by Garmin (promo alert). It has been a good thing and a bad thing all wrapped in one. I haven’t worn a watch in years. It’s been nice to know the time beyond my phone. This little band has really opened my eyes to the world of food. It’s also opened my eyes to working out. I thought you ate little, worked out lots, and prayed the scales liked you this week. My new Garmin friend is now my best buddy.
            For starts I’m not a fit nut. I am now currently in a fit band he he. We are grinding out beautiful music together. I have dropped almost 20 pounds and am in shock about it. Yes, I have heard the stories that pizza is bad for you. McDonalds is not fat friendly. My little fit band sung a different toon. The salt war was coming. I had no idea that all foods packaged for a shelf had tons of salt in it. I had no idea that fast food restaurants are loaded with salt. It never crossed my mind until my fit friend began warning me. Am I a fit nut now?
            Every time I eat something I scan the bar code. There is a little program with my fit band that teaches me what to eat. In reality, once I lose the pounds, I will not be eating enough, that’s crazy. I love McDonalds but why. Well it tastes good dummy. Sure it does but do I love salt or do I love a Big Mack? Do I love pizza or is it the salt talking? These are tough questions because I love those foods above all else. It is annoying that my band rings alarms on many foods. The American diet people scream out death to salt. Did you know that they say we should only eat a tea spoon a day? Friggin health nuts? Oh yeah, and nuts are not great either.
            Now on to the workout side. I walk a ton at work. They say we should walk ten thousand steps a day. I’m cruising around thirteen thousand, but I was still gaining weight. What gives? The new song in my fit band was singing that I was working out ineffectively. I guess I need to get my little ticker pumping at a certain rate before I work out. Our bodies burn fat better at higher speeds. I knew that but didn’t know that. So I added 5 minutes of warm up before and boom the weight fell off.
            So what does God have to say about weight. God is really Dr. Atkins. Seriously God has talked about diet for thousands of years. People tend to gloss over the Leviticus laws on food. What they miss is that most of the foods he says don’t eat are bad for you or at-least dangerous to eat. You know I just got it about God wanting to burn the fat of animals. I bet it was to keep our diet lean. Well eat anything just ask McDonalds. God only wanted us to eat certain parts. I bet it was to keep fat out of our diet.
            Of course God says nothing about a Tim Hortons coffee or the Wendy’s Baconater. If you’re going to wear a fit band then be open to listening. That little band has me on the run. I now work out effectively, eat effectively, and shop effectively. This is music to my ears. I have lost weigh in droves once I got with the program. The crazy part is the food. Oh my goodness there is not much we can eat if you want to stay under one tea spoon of salt. It’s practically impossible.

            This leaves me skinnier. I feel great. I love being in a fit band. Does it control your life? I suppose it could. I have not had the guts to have a cheat day. Basically pre-packaged foods and fast foods are very bad. Eating healthier means cooking from scratch more. Listen to me the little health nut now. I will admit it’s working. Really I’m shocked at how I feel. The crazy part is coming up. The new fit band toon is singing that I’m not eating enough. Oh boy here we go again and these days that is music to my tummy.

Comments

Popular Posts