Deal with fat

            What is the deal with fat? I mean who does not have some really. I just finished a cruise in the Caribbean and fat was there. I go to a hockey game and fat sits next to me. I look in the mirror and oh I see fat. Recently I purchased a fit band and it talks to me about fat. In articles they mention a fat epidemic. Is it an epidemic or a paranoia? We seem squeezed by the fat debate.
            I know several people who offer grass juice to lose weight. Ok, it’s not really grass juice but it looks like it. My wife warns me that she does not want to just eat rabbit food. What does a rabbit eat? I grew up with a very large mom. She taught me how to eat well. I still know how to eat well. It’s possible I’ve even perfected the art of eating by learning to cook too. Food is a passion of mine but also my downfall. I am certainly not overweight but am I? In the mirror a see fat. Is what I see “Society fat paranoia” or a problem with me?
            When I was a kid I was schooled on diets. My mom tried weight watchers. She read books by Dr. Atkins. We had several devices in the house that were supposed to be used to lose weight. Ironically none of them were in the kitchen. Here was the kitchen weight control: lifting pots, spoons, ripping open box tops, and mixing cake. We had this strange bed thing called a Slim Jim. You lay on it and it swiveled up and down to exercise your body I guess. I don’t know if it worked but it was fun.
            My wife wants to buy machines to lose weight. We have several as each fails. Why do they fail when the girl in the picture using it is very hot? Well it might all come back to fat. I bought a fit band to join the losing weight craze. This thing has annoyed me to death. I scan barcode labels and there are warnings all over the place. Just try and find food that has low salt and carbs. Dr. Atkins became famous for his low carb diets. My fit band would agree but only if you combine it with low salt and low carb intake. Has this craze taken me in?
            What does God have to say about fat? In the beginning of the book of Daniel there is a diet request. You see the Babylonians wanted to feed Daniel a bunch of crud. Daniel was Hebrew and had a certain diet. God does have list of some foods that are good for us and bad listed in Leviticus. Much of the advice on food in the Bible is common sense. There are well meaning Christians that use these guides because it’s biblical. I can’t say they are wrong but was Manna from heaven low carbs?
            If Moses or Jesus had a fit band, I bet there step count would be through the roof. Jesus is caught eating all the time. They had a fish diet. So only eat what Jesus eats folks. Just kidding, but some people do that because Jesus did. Glad Jesus did not fart in public all the time. People who work with fish just might eat fish. People who work on a farm might eat farm crud. I bet if God had advice it would be: eat sensibly and eat naturally. What God provided naturally just might be healthier than from a factory.
            With that said we have a problem. Good food is expensive. The fat epidemic might come from necessity over healthy choices. How can a poor person eat well? I saw a lot of rich people on the cruise eating too well. My fit band adventure has opened my eyes. I see my lifestyle in a different way. In a way I am doing the Jesus diet. I eat fish, walk a lot, and fast all day. It may be smart or dumb, I don’t know, but it’s working.
            At my age low carbs is a must. I can’t burn it off fast enough anymore. There is way too much salt in everything. I went to Denny’s to have my favorite food. My fit band said no because it was 1500 calories and massive sodium. Oh dear I’m screwed. Pizza is a no no. So I have learned to moderate the intake. I warm up before I work out. That is the best advice because high heart rate equals effective weight loss. Combine that with healthy moderate eating and you will beat the fat.

Stick Chick is hot but maybe too skinny. Fat chicks don’t thrill me. I have been surrounded by fat all my life. Chased in the forest by a fat mom with a wooden spoon. Makes sense now come to think of it. She probably came from the kitchen. I see fat a certain way because of my childhood. Dr. Atkins is my favorite dietitian even if I’ve never read his book. I love aerobic videos and track suits although I’m not a sports nut. God help me on my next grocery shop.

Comments

Popular Posts