Goodbye cruel world

            I must have grown up in a cruel world. We called people black, white, and Chinese. We also called them all sorts of other names. I can remember little ditty’s my dad would sing in the truck. Oh I can’t repeat them in this blog. That would be racist, phobic, and politically incorrect. It’s not that I agree with the words or sayings but that is how I heard life in those days. Does that mean I lived in a cruel dark place in my childhood?
            I wonder if I need to go see a therapist. All the traumatic words and songs I heard must have ruined my life. I was trained to be racist, phobic, and politically incorrect right? Oh gee I forgot to join the KKK rally groups in my youth (there was none). I forgot to attend the gay bashing rallies at my corner store (there was none). I should have gone to the town square for the hanging and stockade event planned for all the people accused (not guilty) of saying terrible, horrible, words like “Retard.” Wait a minute we had no such events.
            I most certainly understand that the word “Retard” is not great. The word’s meaning is correct if you cared to take the time to look it up. Our society meaning has changed just as words like gay (used to mean happy but now it means angry) have. What word or song might I say to offend you today? Where is the list so that I can learn them? There is no list. We have become a witch hunt on anything we find offensive. The problem is that each one of us has our own personal list.
.As a Christian I have no rights. I can be called hypocrite, religious, Bible thumper, and Jesus is my home boy. I would be laughed at for being offended. Why? It’s because Christians can’t get offended. We are taught to shrug off such blasphemous sayings. We say things like “I know the truth; they mean well; and sticks and stones.” Maybe society could learn a thing or two from hypocrite Christians.
What does God have to say about words?
Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.”
Matthew 12:36 “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak.”
Colossians 4:6 “Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.”
There are hundreds of scriptures God gives us about our mouths and hearts. In the end, how we say things and interpret things comes back to the heart.
Throughout history we have instances of what we call “Group think.” It means that if it is accepted then the whole group tends to go where the majority does. Years ago Gay was sinful, yet today it is paraded down our streets. People that don’t even agree with this lifestyle are now championing the cause. We use words today that offend. These words have proper meaning but the majority says they are wrong. This has caused social media to witch hunt those saying offensive words followed by a tirade of tweets agreeing using angry offensive tones.
In the 15th century they had witch hunts. These people looked for those who practice witchery. They say many false claims killed innocent people. Nazi Germany hunted down people that were black, Jewish, and gay among others. They burned books and changed history in library halls. These days we are not like that are we? We don’t crucify those who say bad words. People who make a mistake are not slandered all over the social media right? That might be considered “Group think” and were smarter than that today.

Some older books have words that we don’t use anymore. Some groups want the books changed. We have words we cannot say unless were African American. Christian slander is still ok, why is that? I can’t put up a Jesus on the street but I can put up a satanic one. How on earth could you run for office with all the angry slander out there? Somehow and someway we are trying to be good and perfect. Don’t we know that history owns us? We are destined to repeat the sins of the past because we never learn. Attempting perfection has always caused death and pain, just ask Hitler and Salem. They say Jesus was perfect and sinless. He must have been because they killed him too.

Comments

Popular Posts