Benefits of being sick

            There is no feeling like being sick. I feel like a waste of time; a jelly fish; or bump on a log. There is nothing I’d like to do while I’m sick but die. I can’t drink coffee, write, or eat. What else is there to do? I watch sports but they all look healthy and that’s depressing. I listen to info commercials and it appears I have everything they are warning against. In Canada it’s really cold so I can’t go outside. I’m sick of being sick.
            On a lighter note, we can rest. Everyone likes to sleep in. Sleep can be a benefit of being sick (until you wake up). Trying to sleep while sick can be a problem but it’s nothing that two liters of Buckley’s can’t fix, and it’s easier too if you can’t drink coffee. I have trouble sleeping in bed while under the weather. So I sleep on the couch, but the cat likes to sleep on me. She is really asking me to get the hell out of her spot.
            If you need an excuse to say no to sex then being sick is the way to go. Nobody wants your sickness in the name of sex. Sex is not much fun that way anyways. I find that something’s make me sick after I’m sick. I hate coffee, reading, and movies while I’m sick. I don’t know why. Why risk hating sex? Just lie there and wait till you feel better.
            What does God have to say about being sick? Strangely enough there is little said on being sick. Maybe they did not get sick in biblical times. In the very old testament the sick had to wait outside the camp for at-least 7 days. I guess they were smart. We try and work instead of rest. God does ask us to work hard but work hard at resting too. Jesus healed the sick but at times he asked them to sin no more or something worst might happen. Is there a connection between sin and sickness?
            I suppose we could write letters to all those people that annoy us telling them exactly how we feel about them. We can tell everyone to stick it because it’s ok were sick they’ll understand. How about not pay bills because were sick? Na, that won’t fly. The bank never gets sick. Everyone around you could cater to you. You could demand everything you need and want. Disclaimer: they will get even. The longer were sick the skinnier we get. It’s a great way to lose weight.
            Reconnect with your couch. Being sick means you can reassess what you have. It’s time to stare at your house and wander around dreaming of changing everything. There are probably things you ignored when you’re healthy but they annoy when you’re sick. Who takes out the garbage, shops, or runs errands when their sick? I don’t recommend a farewell letter. When you feel like death don’t temp it.

            In the end there is lots you could do while sick. The problem is usually we like to do nothing. Work wants us there just not when were sick. My job has posted a 0% sick target. That is just plain stupid. They seemed surprised that nobody will work there. I am one of those idiots who always work while sick. It’s not really pride, I just feel I should earn my pay. Yes it is dumb but that’s me for ya. I have over a year of sick time built up. What will I need it for? If I get that sick I’m probably going to die anyways. The best part of being sick is when it’s over. Then we want to do everything. It’s like we have been reborn. Personally I’m sick of being sick and looking forward to better days ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts