Food for thought

            There is just something about food. We need it and love it, yet at times we hate it. We are told not to go to the store and shop while hungry. It makes sense. Imagine coming home with everything you saw that made you hungry. We would have cake, chips, luscious buns, and peanut butter. In the end we got nothing we need but all that we wanted. Food makes us irrational.
            I have a thing about main brands. I have to have Campbell’s soup. I just don’t like the others. How about Kraft dinner? I think we like Campbell and Kraft more than the food. Maybe they just make it right. I am picky about what brand I buy. Shopping for food is easy for me. I know what I like and want. It’s not that often I refuse over price. I have to have my Mushroom soup or hash browns.
            I love to cook (see my waist size). I love cooking movies like “No Reservations.” Racheal Ray is the best. I used to watch cooking shows with my mom. Duh she was 350 pounds. I’m not but I feel like it most of the time. In high school I took cooking classes over math. Ya it was dumb but we always have food but we don’t always use math. I’m not a professional cook?
            My wife hates it when I’m on holidays. I watch too much Racheal Ray and proceed to cook too much. Our scales scream during the holidays. I love a good cake, casserole, or goulash.  Are you hungry yet? I’m smart because I’m writing this after breakfast. Every Saturday I have hash browns, eggs, and toast. That is the only day. The reason is because if I die I don’t want to regret not having my favorite thing. We all have a favorite food.
            What does God have to say about food? God surprisingly says a lot about food. We were not eating meat in the Garden of Eden. One of the prices of disobeying God was getting to eat meat. God provided Manna instead of food for a time. Jesus was always eating food and talking about food. Think of the miracles. He made wine at a dinner and there was the feeding five thousand twice. God says he provides food for us because he loves us.
            Think about it: we made grocery stores so we can get food faster. The fast food restaurant is around because we love food quickly. I wonder if we eat too much because food is available more. We love food. They say we are fatter than ever before. Is it because were lazy or that food is easier to get? If you’re hungry do you wait until you get home? No, not anymore, Wendy’s is just around the corner.
            What is your food of choice? Do you like pizza, Chinese (not people), Greek, or Italian? I just realized that as I get older the bread and other heavy foods are not as easy to digest. That would screw an Italian person. They love pizza, pasta, and bread. The vegetarian sucks to me. They like all the boring foods in my mind. I tried that diet once for a year. Others tried to get me to eat tofu. They said “just spice it up.” Sorry that stuff really sucks. It tasted like spiced up tofu (ahhh gross). In the end I got sick and I noticed the vegetarians popping B12 supplements (made from animals). I went out and had a Big Mac the same day.
            We love the Christmas dinner. There is thanksgiving dinner too. We have birthday, graduation, wedding, and engagement dinners. We love food. There are three types of dinners: breakfast, lunch, and supper. We have Brupper (breakfast and supper); Brunch (breakfast and lunch; but not Lupper (lunch and supper).

Food might even say a lot about us. Are we picky or casual? Are we big because were lazy or do we love food. Do we live wild because we love spicy or are we born Mexican. If we love pasta are we Italian or just love Italians. Why do Chinese cook everything well. Why do Chinese cook stuff I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole? They would eat anything not nailed down. White people are fat because we love ethnic food. Are you trying to kill us off with food? We are what we eat I guess. So go have your favorite food and be yourself today.

Comments

Popular Posts