Snowflake generation


Explain to me what the Snowflake generation is? It appears to me that it is possibly two things. One is the lack of masculinity. Yet, I think it goes beyond men. We are now becoming a soft puffy generation of entitled snowflakes. Theses flakes have soft hands and rosy cheeks. Elf’s? The other side is diversity. The British military started an advertising campaign to gain recruits. They are calling on the snowflake generation. Not puffy people but diverse people. No snowflake is the same, we are all unique. So, which is it?
            It depends on your definition of snowflake. My generation would describe it as fluffy and soft. I am not so sure this generation would use that word. This generation might find that word offensive. Possibly it would damage their inner being. We can’t label people by gender or the softness of their skin. Recently, I read an article where a nurse had been caught stealing drugs. They fired her. However, the judge re-instated the nurse because the hospital did not take into account her addiction. Addiction is not a choice but a disease. They did not show compassion towards her problems.
            The snowflake generation is all of it wrapped into one. They are the entitled. My generation does not take into account their feelings. We don’t care. Why? Are we mean, insensitive, or cold towards snowflakes? It’s weird. I grew up knowing my feelings. Nobody ever asked me how I feel. Instead we just do what must be done. A veteran of D-day was asked why he stormed the beach. Wasn’t he afraid? He said it never entered his mind because he was there to do a job that must be done. Snowflakes would not last long in a war. Bullets don’t take feelings into account.
            My generation used duct tape. My parents told me to try harder if I came in last. No participation medal in my house. It ticked me off to no end when I lost. I never give up. There is no second best. I get an American silver medalist throwing his medal into the stands. It’s gold or nothing. The reason our wars were won was because of the commitment to the end game. We had to win or else. I treat my life and work the same way. There is no try or safe space. There is only win.
            What does God have to say? There are surprisingly quite a few scriptures on the race of life. I did not know there were so many. 1 Corinthians 9:24 sums it up “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So, run that you may obtain it.” God does not like snowflakes. He makes snowflakes but he does not like them. What do I mean? God made us as impactful individuals. We are all unique snowflakes. Yet, we are not to turn back, relive the past, or turtle at the sight of danger. Those kinds of snowflakes are not of God.
            In church circles they say a few dangerous terms. One is to turn the other cheek. The second is to look and act meek. Those two statements have killed the Christian man. I feel it has killed Christianity. At church we now have soft spoken people with fluffy light handshakes. We avoid conflict, and ban troubled souls. Church must look and act like snowflakes because Jesus was compassionate, kind, and meek.
            The trouble is with the words. Turn the other cheek means find a way through love and understanding. It does not mean to avoid conflict or a fight. Read ecclesiastics 3. There is a time for everything. Secondly, is the word meek. It literally means submissive. Not fluffy, soft, and kind. A meek war horse will jump into the battle at the command of its master. Even at the full acceptance of death. That is meek.
            That’s the difference today. This current generation is a snowflake by no fault of their own. We have gone out of our way to build a hedge around the hearts of our children. Were trying to eradicate hurt feelings and knee scrapes. In my day a punch on the chops was returned. Today we send children to safe rooms and conflict resolution courses. Tough times punch people in the chops. We can’t avoid tough times. Snowflakes are running around trying to resolve trouble, so that trouble and people win. Sorry, but trouble refuses to share the podium, and it’s having a field day with snowflakes.
faithcomesalive.com


Comments

Popular Posts